ANDEAN BOLIVIA 8 DAYS 7 NIGHTS
DAY 1: ARRIVAL AT LA PAZ
Pick-up from the airport and transfer to your hotel in La Paz city.
After resting in the morning and a delicious lunch at the hotel, pick-up to do a half-day tour in La Paz: Walk around the Murillo Square, administrative heart of the Bolivian State, around which is the Government Palace, the Plurinational Assembly and the Metropolitan Cathedral; visit to the Killi Killi Viewpoint. After the tour, private transportation to the hotel for dinner.
Accommodation: Ritz Apart Hotel
DAY 2: LA PAZ – SUCRE
Pick-up from your hotel after breakfast, and transfer to the La Paz airport; flight to the city of Sucre. Pick-up from the Sucre airport, transfer to your hotel and visit to the city: guided tours to the 25 de Mayo square where we will find the Casa de la Independencia, the Recoleta Viewpoint, the ASUR foundation’s textiles museum and the Bolivar Park.
After lunch in Los Balcones restaurant, we will proceed to visit the Cal’Orcko cretaceous park. Transfer to your hotel for dinner and rest.
Accommodation: Parador Santa María or Samari Mi Pueblo.
DAY 3: SUCRE – POTOSÍ
Early morning (07:00 am), after a light breakfast, land transfer to Potosí. Arrival and visit to the Real Casa de la Moneda (closed on Mondays), minting site of silver extracted from Cerro Rico. We continue to the 10 de Noviembre square and the facades of the churches of San Francisco and San Lorenzo, the latter considered masterpiece of indigenous baroque from Potosí.
Lunch at restaurant El Empedradillo, famous for its Kalapurka, and then visit the convent of Santa Teresa. Rest and dinner at local restaurant. Transfer to your hotel.
Accommodation: Hotel Coloso
DAY 4: POTOSÍ – UYUNI
Early morning (07:00 am), after a light breakfast, private transfer to the city of Uyuni, transshipment to 4x4 vehicles in Uyuni, and visit to the Train Cemetary. Departure towards the town of Colchani, on the edge of the Salar, to visit a salt handicraft processing factory, visit to the piles of salt and the Eyes of the Salar.
Picnic lunch in the salt flats, free time for photography and rest in the vehicles still enjoying the Salar, then dawn and Night Star tour with hot beverages (tour subject to climate conditions), and transfer to your hotel for dinner.
Accommodation: Luna Salada, Palacio de Sal or Cristal Samaña.
DAY 5: UYUNI - OJO DE PERDÍZ
Early morning (07:00 am), after a box breakfast, pick-up from your hotel, transfer towards Ojo de Perdíz, visiting Villa Alota on the way, a landscape built by rocks formed due to volcanic lava and water.
Arrival to the Ollagüe volcano which shows some activity, lunch on route, then the journey continues to the small lakes: Kañapa, Hedionda and Ch’iar Quta these being the first in the entire route. Private transfer to the Tayka hotel in the desert for dinner.
Accommodation: Hotel Tayka del Desierto.
DAY 6: OJO DE PERDÍZ - UYUNI
Early morning (06:30 am), we proceed to enter the Siloli Desert (entrance to the “Eduardo Avaroa” National Fauna Reservation). The Stone Tree gets our attention for having the shape of a tree planted in the desert’s sand; subsequently we proceed to the Red Lagoon, the color of its water is due to fine sediments and the pigment of particular seaweed. Visit to the geysers and thermal waters, after which we proceed to the Green Lagoon. Its waters owe their color to minerals arsenic, lead, sulfur, borax, calcium carbonate; Lunch on route.
Return to the city of Uyuni crossing the Dali Desert where you can see reddish rocks. Passing through Villamar, arrival at Uyuni at night and transfer to your hotel for dinner and rest.
Accommodation: Hotel Jardines de Uyuni.
DAY 7: UYUNI - LA PAZ
Pick-up from your hotel, private transfer to the Uyuni Airport, flight to La Paz. Pick-up from the airport at La Paz, immediate departure for the archaeological site of Tiwanaku. Visit to the local museum and archaeological site to see the Akapana Piramid, the semi-underground temple with its heads embedded in its walls, and the Kalasasaya Temple in which we will visit the famous Sun Gate (Puerta del Sol) and the Ponce and Fraile monoliths. Lunch at a local restaurant, and return to the city of La Paz.
Once in La Paz, visit to the peculiar Witches Street, and the impressive baroque facade of the San Francisco church, later to be transferred to your hotel (dinner at the customer’s request at the hotel). Accommodation: Ritz Apart Hotel
DAY 8: TRANSFER OUT
Pick-up from your hotel to take you to the airport for your international flight.
END OF OUR SERVICES
- Air tickets from La Paz to Sucre
- Air tickets from Uyuni to La Paz
- Private transportation.
- 4x4 vehicles for the Uyuni tour.
- Lodging in standard rooms in selected hotels (or of similar quality), breakfast included in times set by the hotel.
- Meals according to the program.
- Transfers, visits and excursions with guide in the selected language (Spanish, English).
- Entrance fee to museums and sites of interest.
- Tips for porters in airports and hotels (one luggage per person).
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Airport fees, if not included in the tickets.
- Insurance (medical or other).
- Beverages and/or meals not specified in the program.
- Tips (restaurants, guides, drivers, or others)
- Personal expenses.
- Services not specified in the program.
- Prices are valid until December 31, 2016.
- Prices are subject to modification at the moment of confirmation.
- Itinerary may suffer modifications for reasons beyond the control of our company.
- Passenger data must be sent at the moment of confirmation for the reservation of hotels and issuance of air tickets.
- During rainy season the Salar usually floods, consequently visits may be modified according to the conditions at the time.
- Visit to the aforementioned museums is subject to opening hours, as far as possible we will try to replace with others of similar importance and interest.